What is Interlining?
WHAT IS INTERLINING?
- Interlining is a very important trim in apparel manufacturing. Interlining is one kind of trims that is used between the two layers of fabric in a garment to keep the different components of apparel in the desired shape.
- Generally, interlinings are soft, thick, and flexible. It is made cotton, polyester, wool, and viscose. Sometimes, finishing is necessary to improve its properties i.e. shrink resist finish, crease resist finish
FUNCTIONS OF INTERLINING?
- To support the garment.
- Be easier to handle and sew.
- To control areas of the apparel.
- To control dimensional changes.
- To improve garment performance.
- To control the shape of the garment.
- To reinforce the components of the garment.
- To make the apparel beautiful, strong and attractive.
- To ensure the anticipated look, quality, and effect of the fabric.
TYPES OF INTERLINING?
1. Fusible interlining:
- To get similarities among the apparel. Interlining gives the same outlook of the apparel.
- Fusible interlining is available in the market.
- The application process is very easy.
- It has high productivity.
- Base Fabric: A base fabric is needed for the preparation of interlinings. Generally woven, knitted or non-woven fabrics are used as the base fabric. Most of the cases, woven fabrics are used as the base material.
- Resin Coating: Resin coating is done on the base fabric. This resin is a synthetic polymer.
- Drying: After applying of resigning on the fabric, heat is applied to the fabric. After drying, we will get fusible interlinings
2. Non-Fusible interlining:
- Non-fusible interlining use in "Flame Retardant" apparel.
- It is used for making apparel for fire service people.
- It is also used for making safety apparels for the peoples who works in re-rolling mills.
- Specially used in the embroidery machine.
- Base Fabric: In Non-fusible interlining; woven, knitted or non-woven fabrics are used as base fabric.
- Adhesives Apply: Starch materials are used as the adhesive. This starchy material applied on the base fabric.
- Drying: After applying of adhesives on the base material, drying is done for fixing the adhesives on the base fabric. After drying, we will get a complete Non-fusible interlining.